Where applicable, the sections with headings marked “Website” govern the www.resultsathand.com website and the headings marked “App” govern our apps and registration platform. Otherwise the section applies to both the website and app.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS POLICY, DO NOT USE RESULTS AT HAND
1. Policy Overview
What we collect
WEBSITE – We may collect the following information:
Name and job title, contact information including email address or other public social media addresses, demographic information such as postal code, preferences and interests, mobile location, other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
APP – Data Collection:
As part of using the app, you agree to provide the following as user identification: Name & Email address.
These will be linked to a User ID in the system. Any additional information that you provide in the app will also be linked to your User ID, and you voluntarily have provided it. Our apps collect the following information, and we use it in the following ways:
- Email: Your email is used to authenticate to the app. It is required to access user-restricted and personalized content. You can disable sharing of your email in the event directory by choosing the appropriate setting under “Sharing Preferences” within the user profile area.
- Name, Phone, Address, and other profile information: If you provide these through your user profile, and you permit sharing of them in the directory under “Sharing Preferences”, they will be available to other users within the app’s directory. Further, if you interact with other users in games, chats, or other areas, your name will be shown to those users.
- In-App Messages: Your event app may include in-app messaging functionality. This does not integrate with your on-device chat program. In-app messages will be sent to whichever audience you choose – e.g., another attendee, a session group, a general chat room, etc.
- Profile Photo: If you provide a profile photo, and you share any information in the user directory, or if you interact with other users in games, chats, or other areas, your profile photo will be shown next to your name. You can delete or change your profile photo under the “My Photo” setting within the user profile area.
- Other User Generated Content: If you provide responses to games, polls, chats, or other interactive elements within the app, those will be shared with others in that same event, along with your name and profile photo if provided.
- App Info and Performance: Crash logs and diagnostics may be collected to improve app performance. These are not linked to your user account.
- Page Views and Taps: These may be collected to identify app usage patterns. They are not linked to your user account.
- Feedback Items (Likes, Hearts, Stars, Evaluations): If you provide responses to feedback items, these are collected, aggregated, and shared. If you provide specific feedback comments, these may be shared with or without user identifying information.
- Device Identifier: A device identifier is collected for iOS APN or Android Firebase pushes. If you do not wish to share this identifier, please disable app pushes, and you will not receive pushes.
Please observe the Sharing Preferences under the user profile area. You can restrict display of your name, email, phone, and other profile details in Sharing Preferences to prevent sharing of that with other users.
APP – What we do with the information we gather for client event apps:
This information is compiled as part of the event guide that you are attending or participating to help delegates make the most of the event they are attending OR as part of a membership app to which you subscribe or belong. Unless the app is a secure/private app that requires login information upon use, this information is not exclusive to the participant of this event and is publicly available online. When you are logged in, your responses to session polls and surveys are not anonymous and accessible only to the event organizers. The same is true when you are using one of the gaming feature of this mobile app. If you choose to share your profile information at the event, other participants will have access to your shared profile information in the app. If the event organizer has chosen to use the game features or lead generation or V-card sharing features and has uploaded or provided your personal profiles for upload, by accepting a connection request, you are explicitly giving them access to your personal profile information such as phone number and email address in a downloadable V-Card. Only participants that you have proactively permitted connection have access to this information.
We track the user identifier in the native apps for the purpose of sending push notifications. We also track aggregate statistics for page views and usage. We do not share your User ID or related information with such tracking systems.
APP – User Deletion Process. If you wish to have your data removed from our application, please use the in-app HELP form to request to be deleted from the app. In the subject & message fields, please include “Delete my User Account”.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our Website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better Website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Website.
WEBSITE – R@H will collect general anonymous data on site usage statistics such as page access, duration of stay, browser or device type. This data is provided by default by your operating internet browser or phone carrier and is collected directly by R@H or through other 3rd party tools such as Google Analytics. R@H also reserves the right to use usage statistics on marketing and publicly available material.
APP – Aggregate app statistics are collected for analysis along with usage data not attached to your user ID.
Links to other websites
Our Website or app may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
APP – In app Sharing Preferences under the user profile area, you can restrict display of your name, email, phone, and other profile details to prevent sharing such data with other users.
Combining Information and Contractors. We may combine the information that we collect from you on our Website with information that you provide to us in connection with your use of our other products, services and websites. We may use third party website management and advertising contractors (the “Contractors”) to deliver advertisements to you on our behalf, contact you on our behalf, facilitate our site’s services, fulfill your purchase requests, or to otherwise help us in providing the site. We may provide these contractors with your personally identifiable information solely for the purpose of providing these services to us or on our behalf. These Contractors may not disclose your information in violation of this Policy, which does not restrict Contractors disclosing your Internet protocol address, geographic location, Internet browser, network and connection, referring sites, ads and key words used to arrive at the Website, pages you visited and time spent on the Website, your Internet host, operating system and connection speed, and additional information regarding your use of the Website.
Cookies. Our Website may place a “cookie” in the browser files of your computer. This cookie does not collect information that personally identifies you as an individual (other than your Internet protocol address), but merely allows us to recognize your repeated visits to our Website. We use our cookie collected information to make your visit to our Website more engaging. If you want to disable cookies, there is a simple procedure in most Internet browsers that allows you to turn off or delete cookies, but please remember that cookies may be required to allow you to use certain features of our Website.
Opt Out. We may contact you for a marketing purpose. You can opt out of receiving such communications in the future per our instructions contained in our correspondence to you.
4. APP Access
Access your profile under the profile settings (gear) from the app site menu.
Security Measures: We maintain security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, misuse or disclosure.
WEBSITE – Sharing: You should remember that when you use our Website to post comments and share additional information, any information that you provide is not secure and can be collected and used by others. As a result, you should exercise caution before you make such disclosures.
APP – Encryption in Transit: TLS is used to encrypt your data in transit.
Notification of Changes
Results at Hand Software, LLC
43700 Woodward Ave, Suite 101
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
Last Modified: February 2022